Date: 13 – 14 April 2016
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
This two-day interactive workshop focuses on envisioning, creating and implementing innovative alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment services, and will provide an update on the latest scientific information on substance misuse treatment and the implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Mr Colin ODriscoll, Clinical Lead – HSE Mid-West Drug and Alcohol Service, Ireland
- Dr Nicole Lee, Director Lee Jenn Health Consultants
- Dr Joel Porter, Associate Clinical Director – Lives Lived Well
Over the course of the workshop participants will have the opportunity to:
- gain a better understanding of the current state of affairs of substance use in Australia and around the world
- collaborate with others to propose service designs
- get to an end point plan through practical work and examples
- be challenged around treatment, service provision and the role of research and science
- learn more about the importance of good staff training and clinical supervision, and
- explore outcome measurement and develop practice tools.
This workshop is ideal for experienced clinicians, service managers, clinical directors and government decision-makers motivated to shorten waiting lists, provide a range of evidence-based options for service users, develop their workforce and improve outcomes.
For further information