Date: 28 – 29 April 2016
Location: Perth, Western Australia
This forum aims to strengthen and develop culturally secure approaches to addressing issues concerning Aboriginal alcohol and other drug use, allowing workers to connect, engage and grow with each other and their community.
The forum has been developed for both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers who work with Aboriginal clients, and will cover key themes of:
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD)
- mental health and co-occurring issues
- community engagement
- family engagement and support
- specific issues (methamphetamines, volatile substance use, family violence).
Services are invited to submit an abstract to present on one or more of the above themes. The Strong Spirit Strong Minds Awards will also be presented at this forum, and people are encouraged to nominate an AOD worker or organisation for the award. Please see the links below for further information.
Aboriginal participants from the West Australian AOD sector are invited to attend the workshop for free.
For further information
- View information: Aboriginal alcohol and other drugs worker forum: connecting engaging growing: flyer (PDF – 511.5 KB)
- View information: Aboriginal alcohol and other drugs worker forum: connecting engaging growing: call for abstracts (Word – 336.0 KB)
- View information: Strong Spirit Strong Mind Award nomination form (Word – 400.9 KB)
- View website: Western Australian Network of Alcohol & other Drug Agencies (WANADA)